The 2015 election of HCCA Board Members was conducted during the last week of March. Only Certified and Full Members are eligible to vote and only Full Members can serve on the Board of Directors. The results are listed below. A Board Meeting was held on May 18 when new Officers, other than the President, were elected by the Board. At the first Board Meeting a new initiative was discussed aimed at bringing more value to the upper levels of membership so that more Friends of HCCA upgrade their memberships and so that more new members are attracted. Please stay tuned to the HCCA website in the future for announcements regarding these membership benefits. The annual HCCA conference will be held on Maui in mid-March of 2016. Firm dates and a preliminary program will be announced in September.
- Gunars Valkirs (Maui Ku’ia Estate Cacao)- President, Secretary and Director
- Tony Lydate (Steelgrass Farm)- Vice-President and Director
- Derek Lanter (Waialua Estate Coffee and Chocolate)- Treasurer and Director
- Maria Carl (21 Degrees Estate)- Director
- Dylan Butterbaugh (Manoa Chocolate)- Director
- Nick Dudley (Hawaii Agricultural Research Center)- Director
- Victor Renaghan (Kokolani Chocolates)- Director
I have recently been sent links to two articles that should be of interest to everyone interested in chocolate in Hawaii. Please take a look.